Don’t be intimidated by the headline that I put up there. It’s just a way of bringing out the truth that living and working in an office is like a general strategizing his way to win a battle and when he won, he’ll be rewarded by his superior officers.It’s like a war out there folks!! For those who loves doing this, I salute you but for me, restless minds and body keeps creeping into me for the last 5 years and I needed change and more freedom; and so I did.
Now let me start with a series of statements for you to ponder:
- Your life is just in a same cycle. You’ve been doing the same job, in the same office, sitting in an isolated workstation and by end of the month, you rush to the bank to get your clusters of notes to spend
- Your 24hours time a day is clustered routinely into 3 compartments: 8hrs of Office works (perhaps more if you’re doing OT), 8 hours of eating and playing and 8 hours of sleep and resting
- Your income comes to you on a fixed day in a month and its increment (sadly) is predictable
- You have boss and even worst, bosses.
- You are governed by numerous company policies such as bla, bla, bla etc (There’s a whole list that i could put here but sorry my time is precious).
- And lastly, you said to yourself. “Damn it!! This guy punches me right to the nose!!”
It’s a painful truth right?. Or to make it lesser painful, you’re at least have a wife and kids to attend to whenever you briefly escape from this routine cycle.
My point is that you don’t have to be in this way for the rest of your life. There are many unknown and uncharted opportunities out there lying idly waiting to be grabbed. To be honest, I myself was in this territory not so long ago when i thought enough is enough and no more ‘follow the flow’ thingy. I chose to follow my own flow and that was exactly what I did and you know what, I’m now feeling better than ever and I have never regretted my decision.
To know what did I do, wait for the next post..
Patience is worthy of a gold